Green

Monday, March 11, 2013

I'm back . . .


Well . . . it has been a very long time. So much has happened for me to tell you about . . .

First, I am back in school. This is shocking news, I know. It has only taken me a few years (3 years) to return. I am at Weber State University studying Vocal Pedagogy. This is where you say, "What the . . . ?" I will explain. Here is the definition straight from wikipedia, "Vocal pedagogy is the study of the art and science of voice instruction. It is used in the teaching of singing and assists in defining what singing is, how singing works, and how proper singing technique is accomplished." I absolutely love vocal pedagogy.  I have learned so much about teaching and the voice. It has been amazing! I even went to the cadaver lab to see the different body parts that make up the voice. (I didn't even pass out; I am so proud of myself!) I will never go back by the way. I couldn't eat for 24 hours after seeing cut up bodies. Learning about singing has opened my eyes up to so many possibilities; it is fantastic!

Next, y'all remember my adorable puppy Kate? Well, she was in her first three obedience trials and two rally trials this past year. She was brilliant. We took home two first place ribbons and two second place ribbons. I was so pleased. We are now preparing for out next show in May. 

I am also in the opera at WSU (Weber State University). The opera is Mozart's The Magic Flute, or in German, Die Zauberflöte. Please don't get too excited. I am only in the chorus, and will probably get a whole ten maybe fifteen minutes of stage time, but I am so grateful for the experience. The opera will be March 28-30 at 7pm in the Browning Center and a matinee on Saturday at 2pm. If you are in the area please come and support me.

Well, that is all I can think of for now. I hope I caught up a little. I am sorry that I was such a slacker. Thanks for visiting!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment