Green

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

The Story of the CD

The year was 1998 my best friend’s name was Kelsie Ainsworth; to this day, thirteen years later, we are still BFFs. We loved to pass notes during school. One day along with a note she passed me a tape of songs. I loved this tape. Each song told me how important and loved I was. In 2000 my family moved to West Kaysville, and I lost the tape during the move. I was devastated, but after awhile I forgot about the tape.  One day, years later, while going through some papers I found a list of all the songs that were on the tape. I was so excited! I decided that I wanted to make a CD for Kelsie for Christmas. I took the list of songs and found them all on iTunes; I was not able to find all the same artists. Some of the artists I found were not great, but the words of the songs were the most important part for me. I had all the songs ready for the CD. Then I thought I should add a few more songs to the list. I picked some songs from my neighbors album, and one other that I discovered during college.  I added maybe four or five new songs and made the CD. I mailed the CD to Kelsie for Christmas. She loved it! I have since given it to my good friend Tatiana, and made a copy for myself. When Kelsie gave this CD to me it meant so much. The songs are about love, friendship and trust. The words of each song were just what I needed to hear. I am so grateful to have Kelsie as a friend. She has always been there for me even through the tough times. Kelsie calls and texts me regularly just to see how I am doing. Could you ask for more in a friend?

No comments:

Post a Comment